ELAN is very excited to offer the DI Lesson Planner to serve the needs of both beginning and experienced DI professionals.
In this planner Rick Wormeli and Diane Heacox, Ed.D. - leaders, innovators and stalwarts of DI - share their vast knowledge, experience and wisdom in numerous excerpts from their books, providing practical examples, motivation and inspiration.
ELAN's DI Planner consists of five sections that stimulate, organize, and assist DI professionals as they create lessons that meet the needs of all their students.
1. The Introductory Section
provides all of the fundamental concepts and major ideas of Differentiated Instruction, based on the contributions of Rick Wormeli, Differentiation
(2007) and Diane Heacox, Ed.D., Making Differentiation a Habit
2. The Lesson Planning Section
consists of 8-page units or lessons, enough for 45 weeks. Using innovative spreads that fold out, teachers are given ample space to write, more freedom to plan and the ability to simultaneously view multiple DI concepts.
The DI Lesson Planner features a unique "fold-out" design that expands to 32" wide.
3. The Documentation Log
provides a place to record all meetings, phone calls, emails, parent and/or teacher conferences about a student, and all the extra help sessions that you provided.
4. The Teacher's Resource Kit
, which combines the work of Rick Wormeli and Diane Heacox, Ed.D., to help beginning and experienced teachers with practical, specific, visual, flexible, step-by-step, tried and true exercises, ideas, concepts, tips and reminders that will hopefully serve you well as you continue your journey to becoming an excellent DI practitioner.
Separately bound workbook, entitled Know Your Students
that gives you a place to develop student learning profiles. This will help you understand your students more fully so you can design better differentiated lessons and activities to enhance their learning.
The DI Planner
- Combines all of the key concepts and major principles of Differentiated Instruction with DI Lesson Planning strategies and templates.
- Integrates DI knowledge (the textbook section) with practical applications (templates and a resource kit).
- Everything is delivered in one place, a 3-ring binder, easily accessible and at the teacher’s fingertips.
- There are "self-reflection" opportunities every week to promote and encourage professional development.
- DI staff development quotes and in-service training content are embedded in each week of the planner so teachers new to DI, as well as seasoned veterans, can learn and be renewed constantly.
- Contains lesson planning templates as well as open space sections for teachers to design and create what best meets their needs and personal styles.
- At the end of every week there is a "teacher self-evaluation" questionnaire to constructively examine that week’s lessons.
- Resource Kit containing numerous strategies and hands-on ideas for teachers to use
- Documentation Log to record all meetings, phone calls, emails, parent and/or teacher conferences about students
- Know Your Students booklet to develop and record your students' learning profiles
For more information or to order, call (800) 258-2000
Full DI Lesson Planner
Looking for replacement parts?
28 pages with all the key concepts and major principles of the planner. Contains excerpts from books by Rick Wormeli and Diane Heacox.
Lesson Planning Section
45 weeks of pages with 2 folded sheets per week. (90 folded sheets)
Includes a divider printed on colored stock. (8 sheets + divider)
Teacher's Resource Kit
Includes a divider printed on colored stock. (15 sheets + divider)
Know Your Students
Saddle-stitched booklet for student profiles. (32 pages)
Monthly calendars printed on a rugged card stock. (6 sheets)
DI Planner Binder
3-ring binder with inserted cover page (1 binder)
Sleeve pocket for storing loose papers (1 pocket)